City of Columbia
Message from the Mayor: Effective Tuesday, March 17 until further notice.
We are all being affected by the possibilities of the COVID-19 virus. The City of Columbia is here to assist in any way we can.
· At the recommendation of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), for social distancing and for the welfare of our community, the lobby of City Hall will be closed until further notice. In the interest of your health; and, that of our employees, please utilize the drop-off box at the rear of the building, pay your gas statement over the phone, or www.cityofcolumbiaky.com. Employees will be on-site during this time to answer the telephone for any questions you may have during this time.
· The city is collecting donated food items that will be distributed to elderly and/or small children in our community that could be in need. If you would like to donate, there will be a box located at the back of the building or you may contact City Hall at 270-384-2501. We will make arrangements for pickup if necessary.
· If you have a city related need or concern, please call City Hall at (270) 384-2501. We are encouraging you to limit contact in order for everyone to remain healthy.
· Please keep in mind all measures that have been suggested when coming in contact with others outside of your home. Good hygiene and sanitizing your hands regularly is a must. Also, while out shopping or attending appointments, remember to keep a good distance between yourself and others.
· The Columbia City Police Department will have their lobby closed. If you need a police report for an accident you can access through www.buycrash.com or it can be faxed or emailed directly to you or your insurance company by calling the office at 270-384-4119. In case of an emergency, dial 911.
· All of our local businesses, especially our small businesses are being affected by this situation. We urge you to continue supporting our businesses by any means possible, such as purchasing gift cards, ordering online or simply making a call for delivery. I am certain all businesses would appreciate any help given.
Thank you again for being a part of our community. We love our town and together we will get through this.
Please continue to check Facebook and our media outlets in the community for updates as they become available.
Pamela Hoots, Mayor