(FRANKFORT, KY) – The Kentucky Department of Education’s Commissioner’s Student Advisory Council will meet virtually 8:30-11 a.m. ET Sept. 15.
The purpose of this group is to advise the Commissioner of Education and the KDE Leadership Team on issues relevant to high school students. This group meets both in person and virtually to discuss how decisions made at the state level are affecting students throughout Kentucky. The students will provide feedback on critical issues impacting students and schools and work with KDE staff to develop ideas to improve and transform education.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-243 and a memorandum issued by the Finance and Administration Cabinet dated March 16, 2020, and in an effort to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the SCAAC will meet utilizing a video teleconference.
A full agenda for the meeting follows:
Commissioner’s Student Advisory Council Virtual Meeting
Sept 15, 2020, 8:30 a.m. ET
Virtual Meeting Using Microsoft Teams
Kentucky Department of Education
- Welcome: Toni Konz Tatman, Interim Director of Communications, Kentucky Department of Education; Dr. Jason E. Glass, Commissioner, Kentucky Department of Education
- Roundtable Discussion on Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI), Mental Health and other Educational Challenges Students are Facing During COVID-19: Dr. Jason E. Glass, Commissioner, Kentucky Department of Education; Lt Gov. Jacqueline Coleman, Secretary of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet and Ex Officio Member of the Kentucky Board of Education
- Healthy at Sports: Julian Tackett, Commissioner, Kentucky High School Athletic Association
- Discussion about Selection of Student Member to the Kentucky Board of Education: Toni Konz Tatman, Interim Director of Communications, Kentucky Department of Education
- Updates on Student Advisory Council Project Work: Toni Konz Tatman, Interim Director of Communications
- Adjournment: Dr. Jason E. Glass, Commissioner, Kentucky Department of Education