Eight Lindsey Wilson College students were recognized for their leadership Wednesday night at the college.
The seven undergraduate students and one graduate student were honored at the seventh-annual L3 Student Leadership Banquet, held in Roberta D. Cranmer Dining & Conference Center.
All eight students were honored for the leadership they’ve displayed this school year at the liberal arts college, and three received a top award for outstanding community and campus leadership and service contribution. All eight students were given a leadership book by LWC President William T. Luckey Jr.
The keynote speaker was 1997 LWC alumna and trustee Amanda Main of Floyd Knobs, Ind., who is senior attorney with Brown Forman Corp.
The three top students recognized were:
* Carson Economy, a graduate student in counseling and human development from Winchester, Ky., who attends the LWC Lexington (Ky.) Community Campus;
* Lauren Kinser, a psychophysiology and communication senior from Elizabethtown, Ky.;
* and Musa Mawanda, a nursing senior from Kampala, Uganda.
The other students who were recognized were:
* Amber Clark, human services & counseling and Christian ministries senior from Acworth, Ga.;
* Jeremy Cloyd, theatre and English senior from Tompkinsville, Ky.;
* Gabrielle Brooke Harmon, elementary senior from Columbia;
* Anthony Horne, physical education and health senior from Louisville, Ky.;
* Jonathan Joseph, history and communication senior from Louisville, Ky.;
* Katherine Koper, psychophysiology and psychology senior from Central, City, Ky.;
* Cristin Lesher, psychophysiology junior from Lexington, Ky.;
* and Alexandria Russell, psychology junior from Greenville, Ky.
Eight Lindsey Wilson College students were recognized for their leadership Wednesday night at the college’s seventh-annual L3 Student Leadership Banquet, held in Roberta D. Cranmer Dining & Conference Center. Front row, from left: 1997 LWC alumna and trustee Amanda Main of Floyd Knobs, Ind., keynote speaker; Gabrielle Brooke Harmon of Columbia; Amber Clark of Acworth, Ga.; Cristin Lesher of Lexington, Ky.; Alexandria Russell of Greenville, Ky.; Katherine Koper of Central, City, Ky.; LWC Director of Civic Engagement Amy Thompson-Wells. Back row, from left: Anthony Horne of Louisville, Ky.; Musa Mawanda of Kampala, Uganda; Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment Management Dean Adams; Jonathan Joseph of Louisville, Ky.; Lauren Kinser of Elizabethtown, Ky.; Dean of Students Chris Schmidt; and Carson Economy of Winchester, Ky.