Issued by The National Weather Service Louisville, KY
Tue, Feb 17, 11:57 am CST
- … Winter weather advisory in effect from 10 pm est /9 pm cst/ this evening to 7 pm est /6 pm cst/ wednesday…
- The national weather service in Louisville has issued a winter weather advisory for snow… Which is in effect from 10 pm est /9 pm cst/ this evening to 7 pm est /6 pm cst/ Wednesday.
- * timing: light to moderate snow will move through with the front overnight. Snow showers and squalls will develop Wednesday as another disturbance moves through.
- * main impact: one to two inches of snow is expected overnight. Areas that experience snow showers Wednesday could pick up another inch or two. Snow accumulations will lead to additional travel issues on area roadways.
- * other impacts: winds gusting to 25 to 30 mph Wednesday afternoon could lead to blowing snow. Visibilities may drop quickly over short distances leading to issues for travelers. In addition… With temperatures dropping through the day Wednesday… Wind chill values will drop below zero during the afternoon hours.
- Precautionary/preparedness actions…
- Roads and bridges will be slick and hazardous. Use extra caution if traveling.