Commercial pesticide applicators and any farmer with an interest in grain production are invited to attend the Center of Kentucky Commercial Applicator Training on November 10th at the Adair County Cooperative Extension Service. This program will provide 5 hours of continuing education credits. The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
The topics and speakers are as follows:
• Disease Update & Corn Fungicide Economics: Dr. Kiersten Wise, UK Plant Pathologist
• Johnsongrass and other re-emerging weeds: Dr. JD Green, UK Weed Scientist
• Avoiding Tank Mix Issues: Dr. Ric Bessin, UK Entomologist & Pesticide Safety Education Program Coordinator
• Crop Management Update: Dr. Chad Lee, UK Grain Crop Specialist
• Corn & Soybean Pests in 2022-23: Dr. Raul Villanueva, UK Entomologist
This training will be provided free of charge but pre-registering by calling (270) 384-2317 is encouraged.
Adair County Cattlemen’s Meeting
The next regular meeting of the Adair County Cattlemen’s Association will be held on November 13th at 6:00 p.m. at the Adair County Cooperative Extension Service. The Bank of Columbia will be providing a sponsored meal.
The program for the meeting will be “Winter Feeding Considerations” with guest speaker Dr. Chris Teutsch, UK Forage Specialist. All livestock producers are invited to attend; existing Cattlemen’s Association membership is not required.
Anyone who would like to become a member of the Adair County Cattlemen’s Association may join by visiting the Adair County Cooperative Extension Service. Annual membership dues are $30 for a single membership and $45 for a couple’s membership. Businesses may also join for $200 annually and receive corporate membership recognition.