When it comes to selling your home there are many steps to take to get the best value for your property. “The successful sale of a property is all in the details. I recommend scheduling an appointment with a trusted real estate agent to start the selling process,” said Tammy Stotts, broker and owner of Southern Nest Realty.
In selling your home here is a 10 step process that can help alleviate the anxious process.
1. Discovery/Listing Consult – a Southern Nest agent will meet you and tour your home. They will discuss a marketing strategy and go over the home selling process. They will discuss your expectations.
2. Listing Appointment – They will review a comparative market analysis of your home, set a price, review the marketing strategy, sign documents and enter into a listing contract. They will discuss any improvements needed prior to launch day. It’s listing time!
3. Pre-Launch – Before the home is live on selling websites they will assemble all marketing pieces, including photography, videography, 3-D tours, signage, lock boxes, etc.
4. Launch Day – Your home will be listed on the multiple listing service, Southern Nest website and on social media. A yard sign is placed on your property. All other marketing materials will be delivered as scheduled and agreed.
5. Buyer Prospecting – Your home will consistently be spread across marketing platforms for maximum exposure. Events will continue to be scheduled until a sales agreement has been reached.
6. Sales Agreement – Yay! As offers come in, they will review and respond accordingly until an agreement is made and contract documents are signed.
7. Inspections – Your buyer may hire inspectors to check your home and are likely to recommend repairs and/or upgrades. An agent will negotiate on your behalf.
8. Loan Commitment – The buyer’s loan is underwritten and an appraisal is performed. All buyer’s documentation is verified and wait for approval from the lender.
9. Closing Preparation – After the lender has approved the buyer, a title search will be conducted and closing documents will be prepared for both the buyer and seller. An agent will review the seller documents and numbers and go over them with you. The buyer will have a final walk-through of your home 24-48 hours before close.
10. Closing Day – The agent and you will meet with the buyer and the escrow manager, closing agent or lender. Documents are signed, keys exchanged and proceeds received.
“The selling process can be overwhelming, but we are here to help you in that process,” said Stotts. “We focus on the details to get your home sold for top dollar and we can help you find your new dream home.”
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here